associate of science in allied health
associate of science in allied health
- student success
- bachelor's programs
- college of arts and sciences
- college of business, influence, and information analysis
- saint luke's™ college of nursing and health sciences
- academic advising
- aylward-dunn learning center
- greenlease library
- honors program
- study abroad
- academic integrity
- center for service learning
- advanced college credit program
- course schedules
- institutional review board
- university press
- communication & fine arts
why choose the associate of science in allied health degree program?
- 19% projected job growth in health care occupations by 2029*
- 1.9 million jobs added by 2028*
- sample allied health careers and their median annual compensation*
- respiratory therapists -- $56,730
- physical therapist assistants -- $54,410
- medical and public health social workers -- $46,300
- occupational therapist assistants -- $56,950
- radiation therapists -- $80,090
- diagnostic medical sonographers -- $67,530
*data by the u.s. bureau of labor statistics employment projections report
the associate of science in allied health degree provides you with foundational and prerequisite courses in general education with a mathematics and science focus that are frequently required for admission to most health-related, clinical or professional programs. for those who qualify, this associate degree in healthcare will prepare you to apply for direct entry into our competitive bachelor of science in nursing (bsn) program.
advantages of saint luke's™ college of health sciences at 世界杯赛程2022最新赛程表
whether you are a new high school graduate or a working adult, our program offers a combination of day and evening online courses to work with a variety of schedules.
why do students choose saint luke’s college?
- experienced faculty with industry and teaching experience
- flexible learning with both online and face-to-face courses
- a campus located in kansas city’s historic westport area and close to downtown, shopping, and restaurants
- accreditation by the higher learning commission (hlc)
direct-entry for the bachelor of science in nursing (bsn) program
once a student is in the final semester of their associate degree program at saint luke’s college, they may apply to the bsn program if they meet the eligibility requirements. the direct-entry option gives good students a competitive advantage over applicants from other associate degree programs.
- practice foundational knowledge, professionalism and skills suitable to furthering their education in nursing or other health care careers.
- develop problem-solving skills with a disposition towards problem-solving in mathematics and science.
- gain educational experience that fosters scientific inquiry and mathematical investigation.
- acquire academic skills in oral and written communication, quantitative and qualitative reasoning, critical thinking and information literacy.
looking for something else? see our frequently asked questions.
- financial aid, work-study, and scholarships available for those who qualify
- networking opportunities with one of the largest employers in the kansas city area
- local volunteer opportunities outside of the classroom through our student organizations
- academic advising available through the student resource center
- graduating students will be those who demonstrate knowledge for entry-level positions in allied health fields and professions and understand the importance of pursuing advanced degrees.
- students will be provided a broad and relevant educational experience through a selection of contemporary courses that will enable students to learn fundamental concepts in nursing and other allied health disciplines.
direct-entry eligibility requirements for the bachelor of science in nursing (bsn) program
once a student is in the final semester of their associate degree program at saint luke’s™ college of health sciences, they may apply to the bsn program if they meet the eligibility requirements below. the direct-entry option gives good students a competitive advantage over applicants from other associate degree programs.
- complete all required nursing prerequisite credits and associate of science degree requirements.
- at least 25% or 15 credit hours need to be completed at 世界杯赛程2022最新赛程表 to qualify. (24 credit hours in fall 2021)
- a minimum cumulative gpa of 3.5, with no grade below a b- in any course.
- no course taken at slchs can be repeated to remain eligible for the direct-entry option.
- students must maintain full-time enrollment status (>12 credit hours) during their final two semesters at the college.
- fulfillment of all additional bsn 足球世界杯2022赛程时间表 requirements as listed in the college catalog, including successful completion of a criminal background check, drug test, clinical readiness requirements, and us residency status.
- students transferring in any coursework:
- courses must have been taken from a chea recognized institution
- with a c, d, f or w grades must successfully repeat those courses at rockhurst within their first semester or first available semester the course if offered.
- science prerequisite courses must be completed no more than five years prior to enrollment to the college.
if students meet the eligibility requirements, they would then need to:
- complete a direct-entry bsn application in the final semester before earning your as degree. formal admission will not occur until final grades for the semester have been posted and all additional requirements have been met.
associate of science in allied health degree requirements
upon recommendation of the faculty, saint luke’s college of health sciences will confer the degree of associate of science in allied health upon students who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- completion of the 60 hour minimum required by the program of study for the as degree. at least 25 percent must be earned from saint luke’s college of health sciences to meet the residence requirement.
- achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 with no grade below c counting towards graduation.
|course number||course title||credit hours|
|general studies||1 required|
|gned 1000||freshman seminar||1|
|social, political, and behavioral understanding||9 required|
|hist 1200||history of health and medicine in the united states||3|
|psyc 1450||introduction to psychology: health and behavior||3|
|soci 1400||medical sociology||3|
|natural sciences & quantitative and mathematical reasoning:||19-23 required|
|bsci 2250||anatomy and physiology i with lab||4|
|quantitative and mathematical reasoning (choose four from the following)||3 required|
|bsci 1050||principles of biology with lab||4|
|bsci 1150||environmental health||3|
|bsci 1200||foundations of anatomy and physiology with lab||4|
|bsci 2350||foundations of anatomy and physiology ii with lab||4|
|bsci 2400||foundations of epidemiology||3|
|bsci 2500||microbiology with lab||4|
|chem 1050||principles of chemistry with lab||4|
|chem 2020||nutrition for health professionals||3|
|math 1100||mathematical principles for health professionals||3|
|math 1650||college algebra||3|
|communicating through writing, speaking, and visual images||9 required|
|comm 1100||oral and interpersonal communication in health||3|
|engl 1300||written communication for health professionals||3|
|engl 150||professional communication in health||3|
|languages and humanities||3 required|
|hums 1450||medical ethics: decision making under uncertainty||3|
|see college catalog for list of all electives.|
|total credits||60 credits|
for students wishing to pursue admission into the bsn program, please meet with an academic advisor for an appropriate plan of study that meets 足球世界杯2022赛程时间表 requirements.
can you be a part-time student?
yes, there are flexible part-time or full-time options.
how will i pay for my education?
- we offer financial aid (department of education loans, grants, scholarships)
- complete your fafsa application to help determine eligibility for need-based federal financial aid (saint luke’s™ college of health sciences fafsa code: 009782).
- we offer scholarships
- we accept third-party scholarships
- workstudy positions available
- personal or parent loans
will my previous credits transfer?
- transfer credits must be 100 level or above and recognized by the council for higher education accreditation (chea) (contact your college counselor to verify accreditation status)
- transfer credits must be a c or above
- schedule an appointment with an 足球世界杯2022赛程时间表 representative to go over your transcript(s)
- questions? contact the 足球世界杯2022赛程时间表 office
is this the degree i should acquire if interested in direct-entry to the bsn program?
if a student is interested in pursuing the bsn after completion of the as degree, they should meet with an academic advisor for a plan of study that will meet the program prerequisites.
what kind of computer do i need before i start in your program?
below are the minimum laptop computer requirements required to work with the courses at the college. google chromebooks will not work at the college due to computer download requirements. please make sure you have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
minimum computer specifications:
- processor: intel core i5 (or higher) or amd ryzen 5 (or higher)
- operating system: windows 10 or mac osx 10.12
- ram: 8 gb (or higher)
- hard drive: 128 gb minimum (or higher) ssd highly recommended
- wireless network card 802.11ac
- headset with microphone capability required
- web camera required
software applications required:
- microsoft office 2016 or newer (the college provides you with one free copy of office 2016 via the onthehub)
- supported internet browser: google chrome
- adobe reader
what does the associate of science in allied health program cost?